WhereYouAre has an app developed by Gus Bernardo. It can be downloaded from:
- iPhone, IOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/where-you-are/id1524745962
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.bemobile.whereyouare
The following Masses in the Southwest will be celebrate to Feast of Saint Josemaria:
- June 18 at 7 PM, Christ the King Catholic Church in Dallas. Celebrant: Fr. Peter Arriagada
- June 19 at 11:30, Catholic Pastoral Center in Oklahoma City. Celebrant Bishop Paul S. Coakley
- June 25 at 7 PM, Church of the Holy Spirit in San Antonio. Celebrant: Fr. Peter Arriagada
- June 26 at 10 AM, Saint Albert the Great Catholic Church. Celebrant: Fr. Charlie Garza.
- June 26 at Noon, Houston Co-Cathedral. Celebrant: Bishop Glen John Provost (Diocese of Lake Charles)
Texas Family Enrichment is offering two courses this Fall: First Decisions for parents of children between 7 and 10 years, and Matrimonial Love for couples of all ages.
A weekend workshop designed for fathers and husbands who recognize the challenges of their calling and desire real and practical ways to live this out as best as possible.
The current Year of the Family convoked by Pope Francis is a great opportunity to support initiatives that promote the family. That will help parents improve their relationships with their spouses and develop their child-rearing skills. In addition it will help young people discover the beauty of starting a Christian family. One of those initiatives is the International Federation for Family Development (IFFD), a non-governmental, independent, and non-profit federation, whose primary mission is to support families through training. Among the IFFD inspired groups in the US is Texas Family Enrichment. In the last few years, as part of IFFD, the IFFD foundation has been developing an endowment that will provide stable resources to undertake more wide-ranging initiatives to support the family. Please spread the word and consider supporting IFFD by making a donation here.
Life in downtown Houston is starting to pick up. Traffic is getting busier and finding a parking spot on the street during the day is getting a little more difficult. It is a good time to increase awareness of the presence of the Holy Cross Chapel in downtown. The Chapel offers daily Mass at 11:35 AM for people working in downtown, and a priest is available every weekday for confessions and spiritual direction between 10 AM and 2 PM. This new video presents what the Holy Cross Chapel has to offer.