In view of the CDC, State of Texas and Diocese of Victoria COVID-19 health and safety guidelines intended to protect health and safety, a series of recommendations for all those who visit and work at Featherock Conference Center has been put in place until further notice. In additon all attendees will be required to sign a release waiver.
The recommendations are:
- If you or anyone in your household has experienced the following symptoms in the last 7 days, please stay home:
- Fever higher than 100º F
- Sudden congestion or trouble breathing
- If you have had a cough, fever, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, body aches, or diarrhea in the past 14 days, please stay home.
- If you have had contact with anyone with Covid19 disease or symptoms in the past 14 days, please stay home.
- Please take your temperature before coming; if it is over 100F, please stay home.
- Temperature screenings will be conducted upon arrival and during the course of the activity.
While at Featherock, please follow these guidelines:
- Try to maintain appropriate social distance between people at all times – in the Dining Hall, Oratory, grounds, and everywhere at Featherock.
- For your safety and that of others, it is recommended that you sit in the same seat in the oratory, living room, classroom and dining room.
- It is preferable that everyone use the bathroom in their room rather than use the public bathrooms on the first floor.
- Try to have as many activities outside as possible: talks, study time, gatherings, etc.
- When using the oratory or living room, open the windows to ventilate.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Prior to pouring coffee or getting water please ensure your hands have been washed or sanitized properly.
- You are most welcome to wear facemasks. Please bring your own facemasks.
Information on facemasks:
- The facemask should be removed and discarded if soiled, damaged, or hard to breathe through.
- Do not touch your facemask.If you touch or adjust your facemask you should immediately perform hand hygiene.
- Disposable masks should not be used for more than one day.
- The facemask should be removed and washed if soiled.
- A reusable cloth mask should be washed after each wearing. When you take it off, fold it in half to contain the inner secretions and deposit it into a container, one ideally with a lid that you can close, if you aren’t able to wash it immediately.
- There’s no need to wash cloth masks separately from other clothes. If you’re dumping them into a washing machine and then putting them into a dryer, that should effectively kill the virus. The water temperature for the washing machine cycle should be warm or hot.
May 22, 2020